Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How many children?

Ever since we had trouble conceiving our second child (and had a miscarriage), Tony and I have decided to leave any future children up to God. This includes not preventing, as well as no fertility drugs for us. Besides the fact that I felt like I was going through menopause with my hot flashes while on Clomid, it just didn't feel right to me. I got pregnant after I was off Clomid and with a lot of prayer (plus one other thing!).

I watch the Duggars on TV. Not every week, but I do enjoy their show and that they really seem to love each other. One thing that really annoys me is when people talk negatively about the Duggars' # of children. Okay so don't have that many yourself! But the Duggars believe however many children God gives them is what they should have. We do also.

As you know, we don't have nearly as many children as the Duggars! We have 2 boys and they are spaced farther apart than I ever thought my kids would be. But that's the thing. It isn't up to me or Tony. God knows what we need, even if we don't know why He is/is not doing a certain thing.

Growing up, I always thought I would have 6 children. Haha how things don't go according to plan! You know what though, I wouldn't trade my two boys for any other kids on the planet. They are perfect for us. I know that we have any more children, they will also be perfect additions to our family.

We also feel led to adopt at some point. That will be down the road after we save up money to go through the process, plus some countries we have looked at require the parents to be over age 30. I'm sure when the time comes God will guide that process also.

When things feel out of control, it is good to know Someone is in control.


**I don't look down on anyone who uses birth control or fertility help. I know how it is to be on the "are we pregnant" roller coaster each month and wanting medical help with having a baby. I also think it is fine for other couples to use brth control if they only want a certain number of children. It isn't my job to judge others for using b.c., just as I don't think others should judge us for not using any birth control.

No comments: