Friday, February 24, 2012

New additions to our family

Tuesday was my birthday and I received gifts I didn't think were possible...

I was on my way to clinical and Tony called me. He said "you aren't going to believe this" and proceeded to tell me our two MALE guinea pigs now have two babies! Drew was talking to his guinea pig and said "Dad! Our guinea pigs have babies now!" Tony didn't believe him at first. Funny how the pet store that only sells male guinea pigs slipped that one though. . .

The babies are super cute and come out with fur and while they do drink mama's milk they also can eat regular food from day 1. We have no idea what we are going to do with the babies or the mom or dad. I hate to give one away but we need to separate them. She may already be pregnant again anyway - they can get pregnant as early as 8 hours after giving birth.

In other news, we went out for pizza tonight and the boys (voluntarily) sat on the same side of the booth. They did great! Usually Drew yells at Austin for getting too close to his personal 'spot' and they just get on each others nerves. We even all played I Spy while we were waiting for our food. I am so proud of them both!

No comments: