Monday, May 25, 2009

My Second 500

Again, heartache. My absolute favorite driver, Tony Kanaan, wrecked when part of his car broke and smashed into the wall yesterday. He didn't even lead a lap this year. Boo. But I know next year is HIS YEAR TO WIN!! TK in 2010!



Our day started at 3:30am when we woke up to get the coolers all packed and put in the car. (More like Tony and Stephen did that, I just WOKE UP) We left around 4:20am to head down to the track. After arriving around 6:30 or so, we got out the grill and the guys cooked us some breakfast and we hung out until about 11 or so.



Onto the track - our seats are so awesome! We were right behind AJ Foyt IV's pit; right behind as in 5 rows back. We could see all the drivers going to the driver's meeting and they could hear us cheering for them (Tony knew each and every driver - including the rookies) and I think Tony got a personal thumbs up from Helio after he yelled his name! So great to sit around people and just have fun and not be a mom for a little bit!



I think a highlight for me was not being the "virgin" there. My sister thought we had to walk over the track to get to our seats since they are on the inside! LMAO! Also seeing the fire on Vitor's car was interesting, since we were so close (one pit over). But it was a great time and I am looking forward to next year already.

GO TK! GO TK! GO TK! GO TK! GO TK! GO TK! GO TK! GO TK! GO TK!

No comments: