Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Year

Here we are again at the start of a new calendar year and a new semester of college (for me). Hopefully 2012 will bring many good things into our lives, we are certainly working toward them!

This year, we will find a church home and stop hopping into different churches off and on. I really enjoyed the church we attended this past Sunday, it almost felt like a smaller version of our church in Greenwood (which we loved!) Drew enjoyed himself in kid church and I think Austin wishes he had gone with the elementary kids instead of staying with us for the service. Praying for guidance as we decide where to make our home.

We hope to buy a house in the first few months of the year. We have it narrowed down to two and think we know which we will put an offer on, so that should be an exciting start to the year! I am very excited for this to be our last move for a very very very loooong time!

I am planning on reading one book to help my personal growth each month, other than my nursing textbooks! One book may not seem like much but these darn nursing classes involve a lot of reading and studying. I guess our instructors don't want us to kill our patients :) My book for January is Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen. I read this a few years ago and it is a good, positive read to begin the new year. It is also an easy read so it fits well into my "free" time.

My goal time to be going to sleep is 11pm on days I don't have an exam/ assignment due the next day. I tend to stay up way too late and I am definitely getting too old for that. I feel like I have no energy the next day. Going to bed earlier should help me not feel like a zombie in the mornings.

Exercising more seems to be a goal I set each year. I'll set it again as a goal to exercise 3x a week. I'd prefer running at least one time a week but for now I may have to walk and work up to running... We have Just Dance 2 and 3 for the Wii and even when I'm just dancing with Drew it is a good and fun workout. I would like to do this also at least 2 times a week, just for fun (with the added benefit).

I have a few other goals for this year but this is enough for now. I would also like to learn to cook better food, but this may have to wait until after I am finished with school. I really need to prioritize while I am still taking courses, and am very blessed to have a husband who is an excellent cook!

I'll definitely update on the house journey when we get an accepted offer/close/move in :)

No comments: