Monday, January 23, 2012

My Week (1/16)

This past week we had an exciting development in our house hunting - the sellers accepted our offer! We should close before March 10th and will be all moved in before April starts (our lease ends March 31st). We are all very excited about this house, it has been a long time renting these past 4 years (well some time lived w/parents rent-free!) and it will be so nice to have a place that is OURS. Our boys will each get their own room and Tony will have an office away from all of the action, so he should be a working machine :)

Today is Tony's birthday. The boys and I got him a few gifts and we are going out to eat with family a couple days this week. He is taking a nap right now and hopefully it will be nice and energizing for him. We will see if he can find his gifts later to open them - Drew hid them from Daddy in the living room after we wrapped them!

School is going. . . that's about all for now. I am getting the hang of when everything is due for my online classes, nothing is hard for those but there is a lot of busywork due each week. Next Wednesday is my first test for my nursing class and I am leaving my family for 2 days to study. It might sound extreme but I really want to get a good grade on the first couple of tests to set myself up for a good outcome. I don't want to be one of the students who has to ace the final to pass the class. Too much stress for me.

Austin got information about middle school for next year. :( I can't believe my baby is old enough for this!! I remember middle school for me and all I can say is I hope his experience is better. He is signing up for band and we are pushing for him to play trumpet or sax (we have Tony's trumpet and Uncle Steve has a sax). But really, as long as he enjoys whatever he ends up playing is the most important thing.

I think I am going to start teaching Drew to read soon. My friend has used Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons with much success for 2 kiddos and I looked through the book while at the store today and it actually does look easy, about 20 minutes a day. I feel like Drew is bored with his days and needs more difficult things to engage his mind. I do need to look at preschools for next year just for playing with other kids but I am dragging my feet on that. I would really love to homeschool him all the way through; I just need to convince my husband this is the right thing for Drew and our family. We will see. . .

If anyone has boxes they don't need or time to help pack, come on over!

No comments: