Thursday, October 23, 2008

bagging rant and other things

Why can't cashiers and baggers learn how to bag properly?? I worked in two grocery stores and I knew to bag non-foods with non-foods, frozen with frozen, etc. It's not like I had any extra training on this - I just have common sense. It wouldn't bother me as much if I didn't organize AND put small spaces between my sections of food on the conveyor belt. Then, when I rebag things right there (shampoo does NOT go with bananas!!) the cashier gets a little pissy. It's not like I was holding up the line, there was no line. I didn't make her re-do it, which I have seen people do. I didn't even say anything to her, just did it. I really don't think she was greatly inconvenienced by my re-bagging my stuff. AHHH I wish people used common sense in bagging.

So three houses I've had my eye on just got lowered in price. I guess one is out b/c there is no place for Tony to have an office space (he works from home). I told him he could have part of the huge master closet but he wasn't super excited about that idea. : ) I wish we had the cash and could just buy one outright. How easy would that be, right? LOL.

Drew is not a fan of broccoli or acorn squash. Squash was actually the only baby food he had that he never liked. We had both for dinner tonight and he didn't eat more than one or two bites. Austin did pretty well once he got some cheese on his broccoli, but hey he ate it!

We are going next week to visit my friend who had a baby last month. It should be nice, she has a little girl Austin loves to play with and a 1 1/2 yr old Drew will probably follow around. We haven't hung out since Drew was able to play with other kids so it should be cute. And who doesn't love little babies??

1 comment:

seeree, phd said...

you should try the sweet potato butternut squash recipe i posted, my brother HATES sweet potatoes but really liked that recipe http://seereephd.blogspot.com/2008/10/gingered-sweet-potato-squash-puree.html. It's just a really good combination, and it's orange. You can't go wrong with orange food! Orange clothing, maybe, but orange food, no. :)