Monday, October 20, 2008

Resisting Naps

 As I sit here during nap time and listen to my youngest cry instead of sleep, I still wonder why little ones fight naps so badly.  Drew has given up his morning nap and the past two days has only taken a 1/2 hour afternoon nap.  Austin won't nap unless big consequences are threatened, or I make him nap with me. 
 I guess they didn't get the "Doerr gene" as my brother and sister like to call it.  My nephew seems to have gotten it - he takes 3 or 4 hour naps AND sleeps in!  How nice that must be on the weekends for my sister.  Us Doerr kids (what good English!) could sleep all day if possible, and the latest I have ever slept in was 4pm.  That was back in the day before I had kids.  I do still enjoy sleeping in, although now a great late morning is 10am!
 I wonder, in 5 or 6 years, if I will have to make Austin get OUT of bed or wake up from a nap by threatening big consequences!!  
 
 Ahhh . . .  Drew is quiet now.  

1 comment:

Kaco said...

This Mommy likes naps too :)