Saturday, November 1, 2008

Christmas is coming

  Christmastime is coming!! Well I can't very well decorate super early this year since we aren't in our own place yet, but I am getting excited! I love when the calendar turns to November and I start thinking about Christmas carols, what to get people, how I want to decorate, etc. I found a unit study on different Christmas carols and their origins and I think I might do a scaled-back version with Austin. I'm not sure if they will sing any in school or not . . . (gotta be PC and all). I may get my nativity set out of storage if we are still w/my parents, just to have on decoration that is our own.  Maybe our small tree also . . .

  My poor baby boy is sick today.  He has a fever and threw up all over Granny.  I mean, it was one of those entire contents of stomach things (parents you know!)  After he got her all messy I gave him a bath and then he fell right asleep on me for about 1 1/2 hours.  He has been sleeping off and on today and just now woke up after being in bed for an hour.  So it might be one of those nights, but that's okay.  I actually love how my boys stop moving constantly and cuddle with me when they are sick.  I wish they were healthy and cuddly, but I'll take what I can get I guess!  Austin's stomach was hurting him when I put him to bed, so we will see if it's sympathy sickness or he might be cuddly tomorrow too!  He has a bucket by his bed just in case.  

  Those of you who aren't parents, sorry about the last paragraph - once you have kids you will understand the bodily function talk!! :)

  With 25 seconds left in the third quarter the Colts are beating the Patriots.  WOOHOO!!!  Hopefully they can keep it up and beat their butts this year!

1 comment:

seeree, phd said...

bodily functions talk is just fine for us without kids. it's good to have a preview!