Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas started out kind of bumpy, with Austin coming into our room at 1am and saying he just couldn't get back to sleep because he was too excited. He ended up sleeping on our floor. Before we got to sleep Drew started crying, but not for long. I didn't have to go in and rock him. So I was a bit tired when Austin woke me up to open presents. And I forgot to make a cake for baby Jesus!

BUT we had a great Christmas 2009 at the Hakel household. Lots of good food and gift giving (and receiving). Last night Austin said it was his best Christmas ever, and I'm glad because we got him more gifts that weren't toys. I think he got only one bionicle out of all his gifts! He loves his new watch and new boombox. Not really sure if he is all about the books we gave him but I think once he gets into them he will be pleasantly surprised (20,000 leagues under the sea and mutiny on the bounty). Drew loved everything and wanted to stop opening gifts after each one to play with it! He also ate 8 hersheys miniatures when I wasn't looking. Not very nice later in the day let me tell you!

We went to my parents' house later in the day to celebrate with the rest of my family. It was a good time and Tony made his excellent spinach artichoke dip as an appetizer. Today we went to his brother Stephen's house and Stephen and his wife made an amazing meal - beef tenderloin, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, and lots of desserts - all made from scratch! They also made a type of polish bread from a recipe that has been in Rachel's family for at least 4 generations. It is very good and we brought some home. It should make excellent french toast in the morning.

Now onto getting ready for the new year, which for me means sorting through the boys' clothes and toys to end the year with a big goodwill donation. It will be nice to be organized again, as I really have not been since before the fall semester of school started!

On a side note, got a 4.0 for this semester. I am so glad it is over and looking forward to my classes for next semester (except microbiology lab). More to come once the new year starts - Happy 2010 if I don't write more before then!

No comments: