Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Praise God for sending His only Son to die for my (and your) sins! Thank you Jesus!

Easter was good this year. This past week we (Austin and I) progressively read out of the gospels as the week went on.

Saturday night we made tomb cookies. I found them on this website: http://www.sugardoodle.net/Easter%20Ideas/Easter%20Story%20Cookies.shtml
This was pretty fun, as each step/ingredient has a significance about the death and resurrection of Jesus. Austin helped me make them and then we put them in the oven overnight and sealed the tomb - put pieces of tape on the door. He was confused about why we couldn't eat them Saturday night, but it was pretty cool this morning when he bit into it and it was hollow. A fun way to talk about Easter!

This morning we had our egg hunt. Austin probably asked me 10+ times before I was ready to wake Drew up if he could just "leave a few for him" and start on his own! I feel that if I don't have to wake Drew up early, I shouldn't. So around 9 I got Drew and he was not so much interested in the hunt, but he did like the candy in his basket. As expected, Austin got the majority of the eggs. Today I learned that Austin now eats cadbury eggs all in one bite!

After that, we went to my parents' house for brunch which turned into 4 hours of being there. The food was yummy and Drew got a small nap, but I was tired by the time we left to go to Tony's brother's house! Then we had lunner (as Austin calls it) and hung out for another 4 hours. Needless to say I am pooped! But it seems that if I stay up past 10pm I can't sleep until around 1am so here I am.

If this doesn't make much sense, just laugh and move on! It is about 12:30am here and I'm running on empty. I hope you had a great Easter!

No comments: